Sunday, November 8, 2009

Cheating: Common Misconceptions

CHEAT (v):1.) deceive somebody: to deceive or mislead somebody, especially for personal advantage
2.) be unfaithful: to have a sexual relationship with somebody other than a spouse or regular sexual partner

In light of these definitions it’s safe to say that someone who commits such acts is a cheater so why is it then that I stumble across people who seem to have come up with their own definition for the word? I’ll tell you why, because these people are idiots to say the least.

I’ve had people go so far as to tell me that it isn’t cheating if you and your significant other are in different area codes. Are you kidding me?! But wait, I’ve only had men tell me that nonsense. Aaah, yes, that explains it! Continuing, I’ve also heard that it isn’t cheating if you guys have never had sex but you’ve engaged in other sexual activities which include but are not limited to: kissing and fondling. BULLSHIT. It’s all considered cheating. If you’re in a relationship and on a date with someone (other than your partner) who you’d like to be more than just your friend then it’s cheating--I don’t care how you slice it.

What I can’t understand is why these women (and men but more so women) are so quick to run back to these men after they’ve blatantly disrespected them and showed how much they don’t give a muthafudge. WAIT, I know why, because "he loves me" so it's okay.

(to be continued)…



[Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/just_shanelle]

3 comments:

  1. o0o0o stoney i soooo need and want you to post this on facebook. i got someone who needs to read that. PLEASE do a piece on baby mamas.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly don't think that a single definition can describe cheating simply because we give words power. It can be different for all of us, but something most of us would probably agree on is that cheating in a relationship can be having some type of feelings or attractions toward a person (other than your significant other), expressing them to that person and/or acting on them. You're smart enough to know that those type of answers that get you pissed or confused are most likely not heart-felt ones...just something to justify an act or feeling. I dig how you shut all that down though.

    D.W.

    ReplyDelete